Sunday, November 02, 2008

Names.............

when I was a little girl I always named my baby dolls and really like doing so maybe that was because I didn't have to have any one else tell if they liked the name or not. I love naming my dolls.

Now naming my kids, that is another story, I hate it. James name was pretty easy, Michael want to name him after his dad if it was a boy and I was like ok sounds good to me, but we both agreed that we would not use his dad middle name which was Doyle, but we wanted to stick with the "D" so we both liked Derek so James Derek Shifler it was. Now when #2 came along we again had to think of a name and I wanted the to stick with "J" and we came up with Jason Douglas, now we did not plan on the whole same initial thing, some one told his that when Jason was 1 week old and we were like wow!!!! Now for #3 it took us 1 miscarriage and 2 1/2 years of hoping and praying to get him and we had a on going joke that if it was a boy we would name him Justin David. When we found out it was a boy is seem like destiny that he should be named Justin David. #4 we knew we had to stick with the J D theme we had started and we agreed on Jacob but his middle name took us awhile but finally Jacob Dawson has his name too in this whole place. #5 now he took so time, we running out of J names we both liked but I really like Jordan and we went with it and Michael really liked Daniel so it was Jordan Daniel.

Well #6 we kept talking about J names and we were having a really hard time. So I guess it was a good thing that she was a she..........Now with her name I had a dream (yea I really did) when I was pregnant with Justin (# 3 in case you not sure which one he is) that we had a little girl and that we named her Kenna Jean(after my dad and after Michael's mom) so when we walked out of the ultrasound and found out that she was a girl and we were some what over the shock we looked at each other and said oh wow what are we going to name her. He never really talk about girl names because us Shifler's don't make girls......and Michael goes should we go with Kenna Jean and I was like yea. Wow in 10 second she had a name.

Well #7 is not going well at all, we can't could up a name to save our life. We talked about the whole J D for a boy and K J for a girl and we both ok with that. Well lets just say a boy will maybe be "Joshua drake" and a girl who knows ?????? I really like Kera Jean but Michael thinks it is too close to Kenna and then we talked about Kara Jane but then out of the blue he wanted to know if I had thought about any other names that didn't start with a "K" and I was like no I didn't should I??? So I go to Wal-mart and buy a baby name book and start looking and looking and this is when I have decide that naming kids is NO FUN!!!!
Michael likes Bell or Isabella which I don't really like, I like Avery he does not, but we do both Like Olivia...................

I will leave you with that thought for that day and our nameless baby witch I hope has a name before March

No comments: